Saturday, October 11, 2008

End of Week 8....

I find that I'm falling into the same online pit at school that I tend to 'inhabit' at home- too much information duplicated in too many places. Communication that is succinct and useful is of vital importance to me. I created a Moodle page where I could store easy links to resources. Each week I've sent my staff an email with tips and updates that I think can be valuable. So I've started adding that information to the Moodle page. Then I thought I'd add it to my webpage as well. So I have the same information in 3 different places online and still I'm answering some of the same questions over and over. It's a little frustrating at times but it's funny too. We teachers are human beings and often display the same weaknesses and are guilty of the same trespasses as their students.

On the bright side, I am pleased in the interest of folks who are not so tech-savvy to include computers in their instruction. I have an appointment in a week to help a science teacher explore virtual labs.

No comments: