Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My brain hurts...

...I'm trying so hard to keep track of anything. Desktops, printers, laptops, tablets, bays, presentation stations, Elmos, etc. I feel a great responsibility to 'get it all right' and I'm taking it quite seriously. My worry is that I'll overlook something (hey, I'm married to an auditor- I know how important details and numbers are).  

This new position has led to some insights as to my personality; I'm a rather ____ person. Difficiult to fill in the blank- am I ambitious, competitive, responsible, obnoxious, overbearing, helpful? A mix of it all, I suppose. After years of bossing kids around, I'm now in the position of trying to direct my peers and it's a little uncomfortable at times. There's also a little too much 'cave' time.  I miss the lively interaction of the classroom. Thank goodness for my student club which brought a little life into my office at lunch today!

Pluses this week so far are igniting a few folks' interest in using new and different technologies. It's time to start playing with my fake Moodle class and look at creating quizzes. I've heard that I can export the quizzes I'd stored in Quia to Moodle. Demonstrated the document camera for a teacher who loved her overhead projector. Needless to say, she has since transferred her affections to (TickleMe)Elmo.

Another perk to this job is being invited to attend conferences. I'll be at the Innovative Learning Conference in San Jose next week. I'm looking forward to using the time to get my thoughts in order. 

No comments: